November 19th – December 19th
Where we’ve been:
- Cinque Terre
- Lake Bled
- Cesky Krumloff
What we’ve learned:
- Most other travelers we’ve seen are Asian
- Cash-only is getting old
- Money goes way farther and has more value in eastern Europe
- Beef, pork, potatoes, bread; I have a gut and probably heart problems too
- To travel to destinations I want to because I want to and not feel pressure to travel to places because we “should”.
- Should have downloaded more music and movies
- Tourist information offices and good maps are invaluable
- Menus in English make life easier
- I’m ready for a culture change
- Travel is supposed to make you more patient but I’m more impatient than ever
- Our booze consumption has gone up
- Overly inspirational and cheesy instagram posts make me laugh
- Favorite place so far: Cinque Terre, Innsbruck, Cesky Krumloff (+_+ too many to choose)
- Least favorite place so far: Vienna (because it was so overly crowded), Zagreb (because of a shitty hostel).
- Most establishments in Europe don’t accept credit card and get mad when you pay with large bills…
- Italians should drink less espresso.
- Croatia is awesome and would love to go back in the summer.
- Europe has been amazing, although I can’t wait to move on.
- Updating FB with photos would have been a lot easier than doing a blog.
- Why can’t all trains have WiFi?
- Kim makes too many lists
- Pizza and pasta are the most served dishes in Europe.
- Need a vacation from the vacation. Bring on Dubai/Abu Dhabi.
- Cinnamon Chimneys are the greatest treat alive and Christmas Market snack.
- Least favorite place: Overcrowded Xmas markets
- Favorite place: Alps/Iceland.
Be first to comment