January 19th – February 19th
Where we’ve been:
- Koh Samui
- Koh Phangan
- Koh Tao
- Siem Reap
- Koh Rong
- Phnom Penn
What we’ve learned:
- It is possible to get sick of a beach
- Instagram is easier than blog posts but not better
- Bryce’s hair is borderline mullet and I dig it
- Cambodia is how I imagined Thailand to be
- Siem Reap should be on everyone’s travel hit-lists
- Don’t waste your time visiting anywhere else in Cambodia
- I have outgrown the “hippies” and party scene
- Some of the places I feared most b/c one reason or another are actually fine to visit. Totally fine.
- To relax and appreciate still having one more month of “vacation”
- Favorite place so far: Koh Tao and Siem Reap
- Least favorite place so far: Sihanoukville
- Smelling good is difficult. Too much heat!
- Siem Reap has .50 beers
- Why don’t budget travelers (backpackers) take showers or prioritize hygiene.
- Excited to almost be home and have a home.
- Why does most of Asia only accept cash…
- Having a pool near the beach is key to not being bored.
- Negotiating prices is fun
- Where did the last 7 months go?
- It’s important to have lazy days and relax.
- Snorkeling in Koh Tao > any place we’ve ever been (Hawaii – Aruba)
- Least favorite place: Sihanoukville
- Favorite place: Koh Tao
Leave a Reply